[linux-audio-user] Gnome Wave Cleaner, muffled to normal?

anahata anahata at treewind.co.uk
Wed Dec 1 16:40:48 EST 2004

On Wed, Dec 01, 2004 at 02:59:35AM -0600, ed orphan wrote:
>  I do have one problem that
> GWC seems unable to solve. There is one area of a song
> that's muffled and I can't see any way to bring back the
> "brighness"to match the rest of the song. I guess its highs
> have been clipped in some wayi

>    Does anyone have any ideas how to return the
> brighness to a muffled section of a song?  Would something
> like Audacity help?

Audacity has an equalization feature that you could try using to boost
the high frequency end. If reduced HF is the problem, you should be able
to improve things that way. If it's non-linear distortion of the signal
(that can also make what might be described as a 'muffled' sound) it
won't help much. It's got to be worth a try!

--
Anahata
anahata at treewind.co.uk -+- http://www.treewind.co.uk