[linux-audio-user] VST_SERVER and Edirol Hypercanvas?

Machine Has No Agenda forums at machinehasnoagenda.com
Thu Dec 2 14:25:46 EST 2004

On Thu, 2004-12-02 at 18:45, Russell Hanaghan wrote:

> Hmm...I'm not familiar with what 2.6 voodoo the CCRMA kernel is using. I
> don;t think it's realtime-lsm though. I think it's Ingo's patches? Maybe
> the realtime threads or some such thing are causing a problem...
>
> Any other CCRMA succesful vst users??

woohoo!!!! i am now a successful ccrma user of jack_fst!!! i managed to
get it working with wine 20040505 and the ccrma 2.6.8 R9 kernel on my
fedora core 2 box ....

the trick was to check the "No Memory Lock" box in qjackctl - now i'm
running crystal synth, pro-52, slayer2, plasticz plus a whole bunch of
others as a normal user ... I CAN'T TELL YOU HOW HAPPY I AM RIGHT NOW!!!
months of work, paid off ....

i'd like to thank everyone who chipped in, and put up with me and my
incessant, incoherent questions :)

as soon as i finish trying out all my vst's, i'll head over to that dcdj
(or whatever) page to let everyone know what vst's i got to work!!!

shayne