[linux-audio-user] frequency, pitch and psychoacoustics

tim hall tech at glastonburymusic.org.uk
Tue Dec 7 04:11:04 EST 2004

Last Tuesday 07 December 2004 04:46, John Anderson was like:
> I'm looking for articles, papers, books etc on the relationship between
> frequency and pitch, epecially as it's related to the perception of
> consonance (ratios and just intonation), and the evolutionary forces
> driving the configuration of human hearing (speech, environmental
> sounds).

Book:
'Expanding Tonal Awareness' - Heiner Ruland - Steiner Press 1992
ISBN: 1 85584 170 3

You might find some other useful stuff near here:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Psychoacoustics
http://www.bsos.umd.edu/psyc/dooling/intro.htm
http://interface.cipic.ucdavis.edu/CIL_tutorial/3D_psych/3D_psych.htm
http://www.pa.msu.edu/acoustics/