[linux-audio-user] the Linux soundapps pages redux

Hans Fugal fugalh at gmail.com
Thu Dec 9 12:12:17 EST 2004

On Mon, 06 Dec 2004 10:07:06 -0500, Ruth A. Kramer <rhkramer at fast.net> wrote:
> Hans Fugal wrote:
> > http://hans.fugal.net:2500
>
> Instiki?!  I just found that within the last week and I'm impressed so
> far.  I've been trying to find documentation to compare the features to
> TWiki (I'm pretty sure many are not present), but which might make the
> difference to me.

It's the first wiki I've found that is as simple to set up as a wiki
should be. It's also beautiful (not ugly like so many wikis' default
styles). I'm a ruby nut too, so it definitely helps that it's written
in ruby.

> Also, it's written in Ruby -- and since I want to learn Ruby and
> possibly write my own wiki like thing in Ruby, the code is probably
> worthy of study.  (And, Word style diffs!!)

No doubt. Check the recent comp.lang.ruby archives - someone wrote a
wiki in just a few lines of ruby.

(shameless plug)
If you want to pick up some ruby and stay more or less on-topic, play
with ladspar. It's a ruby API for hosting LADSPA plugins.

http://instiki.org is all I've needed.

--
De gustibus non disputandum est.