[linux-audio-user] Live Noise Tools trouble

Michal Seta mis at artengine.ca
Thu Dec 9 12:26:06 EST 2004

Hi,

So I downloaded livenoisetools.  Compiling needed some tweaking
(Time.h needed #include <assert.h>(?)) and I had to change some path in
the SConstruct file in the libspiralcore.  Compiled, installed but
when I try to load noisepattern I get:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/local/bin/noisepattern", line 26, in ?
    from mi import *
ImportError: No module named mi

and, in fact, I cannot find a module 'mi' anywhere on my system and
since googling isn't returning anything meaningful, I am asuming this
is something that has simply been omitted from the distro...?  The
same scripts loads something from a module 'alife' which also is a
mystery.

Noiseweapon loads fine, though, at least so it seems.

Thanks for any pointers.

./MiS