[linux-audio-user] Live Noise Tools trouble

Dave Griffiths dave at pawfal.org
Thu Dec 9 12:58:53 EST 2004

On 09 Dec 2004 12:26:06 -0500, Michal Seta wrote
> Hi,
>
> So I downloaded livenoisetools.  Compiling needed some tweaking
>
> (Time.h needed #include <assert.h>(?)) and I had to change some path
> in the SConstruct file in the libspiralcore.  Compiled, installed
> but when I try to load noisepattern I get:
>
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "/usr/local/bin/noisepattern", line 26, in ?
>     from mi import *
> ImportError: No module named mi
>
> and, in fact, I cannot find a module 'mi' anywhere on my system and
> since googling isn't returning anything meaningful, I am asuming this
> is something that has simply been omitted from the distro...?  The
> same scripts loads something from a module 'alife' which also is a
> mystery.

yeah, it's in a bit of a state right now - it's missing some python modules,
and for boring real life reasons (moved flat, no internet :)) I can't upload
them from my laptop yet...

I'll sort this out soon.

btw, played another gig the other week - the first on a properly loud PA, I'm
still praising flawless realtime jack playback :)

cheers,

dave