[linux-audio-user] Jackd and AMD64 linux-2.6.10-rc2-mm1 XRUNS

thewade pdman at aproximation.org
Thu Dec 9 21:36:37 EST 2004

Hello all,

Im hoping that you can help me with a problem Im having
with jack and PD.
I am running jackd from qjackctl in realtime with a 64
frame buffer (Hammerfall HDSP multiface: 2.67 ms delay).
I am using PD, and after both have been running fro about
20 min I get a ton of xruns. (and as an xrun has
negligable weight, that is a lot of xruns)

I got through my logs and can find no reason for this
when cross-referencing by time of occurance. Here are some
possible unrelated errors, or perhaps they are leading to
my problem...
>From System Logs:
Failure registering Root Plug module with the kernel
Failure registering Root Plug  module with primary security module.
>From Kernel Startup Log:
PCI: Using ACPI for IRQ routing
** PCI interrupts are no longer routed automatically.  If this
** causes a device to stop working, it is probably because the
** driver failed to call pci_enable_device().  As a temporary
** workaround, the \"pci=routeirq\" argument restores the old
** behavior.  If this argument makes the device work again,
** please email the output of \"lspci\" to bjorn.helgaas at hp.com
** so I can fix the driver.

My system is:
(http://www.aproximation.org/application/AMD64laptop.html (old))
AMD64 laptop
Hammerfall HDSP multiface and cardbus
Fedora Core 3 test 1
linux-2.6.10-rc2-mm1 kernel

What does the priority selector mean in qjackctl setup? I just
leave it at 0.

Any help would be greatly appreciated! I would LOVE to get
this machine running jackd flawlessly.
Thank you for your time!
-thewade