[linux-audio-user] Jackd and AMD64 linux-2.6.10-rc2-mm1 XRUNS

Rick B zajelo3 at cfl.rr.com
Thu Dec 9 22:07:02 EST 2004

thewade wrote:

>Hello all,
>
>Im hoping that you can help me with a problem Im having
>with jack and PD.
>I am running jackd from qjackctl in realtime with a 64
>frame buffer (Hammerfall HDSP multiface: 2.67 ms delay).
>I am using PD, and after both have been running fro about
>20 min I get a ton of xruns. (and as an xrun has
>negligable weight, that is a lot of xruns)
>
>I got through my logs and can find no reason for this
>when cross-referencing by time of occurance. Here are some
>possible unrelated errors, or perhaps they are leading to
>my problem...
>>From System Logs:
>Failure registering Root Plug module with the kernel
>Failure registering Root Plug  module with primary security module.
>>From Kernel Startup Log:
>PCI: Using ACPI for IRQ routing
>** PCI interrupts are no longer routed automatically.  If this
>** causes a device to stop working, it is probably because the
>** driver failed to call pci_enable_device().  As a temporary
>** workaround, the \"pci=routeirq\" argument restores the old
>** behavior.  If this argument makes the device work again,
>** please email the output of \"lspci\" to bjorn.helgaas at hp.com
>** so I can fix the driver.
>
>My system is:
>(http://www.aproximation.org/application/AMD64laptop.html (old))
>AMD64 laptop
>Hammerfall HDSP multiface and cardbus
>Fedora Core 3 test 1
>linux-2.6.10-rc2-mm1 kernel
>
>What does the priority selector mean in qjackctl setup? I just
>leave it at 0.
>
>Any help would be greatly appreciated! I would LOVE to get
>this machine running jackd flawlessly.
>Thank you for your time!
>-thewade

Does that kernel have a "laptop_mode" in /proc/sys/vm ? If it does, is
it enabled? I'm just thinking maybe the machine is in laptop mode and to
save the battery it spins down the harddrive and then after a certain
amount of time it spins it back up to flush some stuff to disk and that
could cause your xruns.

                Rick B