[linux-audio-user] YAR (Yet Another Recording)

MarC marc_contrib at ramonvinyes.es
Fri Dec 10 03:52:49 EST 2004

En/na fooman ha escrit:

> I'm not familiar with Cubase.  What 'realtime effects' are available
> that surpass those that are available through Ardour, or similar?
>
>>> We recorded the audio with Audacity and a Quattro, but Joey imported it
>>> all into Cubase for mixing and mastering.  The realtime effects are
>>> pretty handy I must admit.

The controls are more graphic ; it doesn't mean better, they are often
only stupid and "beautiful" but sometimes more usable.
On the other hand at LADSPA I didn't find an equivalent for Autotune(but
I saw there's smth new at the list :)  and "Amplifier Simulators" (I'm
not english and I don't know the word for this...) like "Guitar Rig" or
Steinberg's "Warp" for guitar, or "Vintage Warmer" for bass.
However when Vst is ready at Ardour (it's still in beta stage I think),
we will be able to use them. :)

Finally Cubase, it's still more usable than Ardour, so a lot of  work
has to be done.