[linux-audio-user] Audiophile 2496

Tobias Ulbricht up5a at stud.uni-karlsruhe.de
Tue Dec 14 06:16:50 EST 2004

On Mon, Dec 13, 2004 at 09:16:57PM -0600, Henry Camacho wrote:
> I am wondering if anyone has the M-Audio Audiophile 2496 working
> SPDIF?  I've read the documentation for the driver, and stated the
> following:
>
> "- DMX-6fire frontbox is partially working (no spdif yet). "

the "DMX-6fire" is a terratec card, but has the same chip (ice1712) as the audiophile.

It seems (but I may be hopefully proven wrong):

Analog IO is working, spdif not, midi not.

Details from "http://www.alsa-project.org/alsa-doc/index.php?vendor=vendor-MAudio#matrix":

Delta Audiophile 2496  	ICE1712 (Envy24)  	Details (ice1712)

[ANio] [RCAio]

which means:
NOTE: Just because an I/O is listed does NOT mean it is guaranteed to be supported. Please check the mailing list archives before making purchase decisions based on requirements for IEC-60958 or ADAT I/O.

[RCAi] IEC-60958 RCA Input
[RCAo] IEC-60958 RCA Output

what is meant by [ANio], that I can't see, no legend here.

tobias.

--
ThatThatThatThatThatCan'tYearstreamAllcommandSOFTWAREdirectoryREADMEvariouscodePlayerAudioBeautiful