[linux-audio-user] Audiophile 2496

Dave Silvester sly at mu-sly.co.uk
Tue Dec 14 07:29:29 EST 2004

On Tuesday 14 Dec 2004 11:16, Tobias Ulbricht wrote:

> It seems (but I may be hopefully proven wrong):
> Analog IO is working, spdif not, midi not.

I've got all of those working under Linux on my Audiophile 2496.  ;-)

To be fair, I haven't used the Midi a great deal because I've got an M-Audio
Midisport 8x8 that is also working great now, but initial experimentation
with the Audiophile showed that the Midi was working.  As far as I can tell,
everything works fine on the Audiophile.

My main problem is that I can't find a way to get Envy24Control to load my
default settings each time, and alsactl doesn't seem to want to do it either,
so every time I want to use the sound card I have to manually load
Envy24Control and select my default setting - only takes a few seconds
though, so it's not much hassle.  (It's just a bit annoying, because I can't
find a way to automate it - Envy24Control doesn't seem to have any command
line parameters!)

Also, I'm still working on getting Audacity to record from the Audiophile, so
at the moment I just use arecord from a shell, which works well enough for my
purposes that I haven't really spent much time trying to fix Audacity.

But, other than that, everything is working, and it's a great card too -
highly recommended!

I'd be happy to help out by trying to remember what I did to get it working,
if you get stuck.  :-)

Cheers,

~Dave

--

Dave Silvester
Music Technology Junkie | Rentable Website Monkey