[linux-audio-user] Audiophile 2496

Tobias Ulbricht up5a at stud.uni-karlsruhe.de
Tue Dec 14 08:03:52 EST 2004

On Tue, Dec 14, 2004 at 12:29:29PM +0000, Dave Silvester wrote:
> On Tuesday 14 Dec 2004 11:16, Tobias Ulbricht wrote:
>
> > It seems (but I may be hopefully proven wrong):
> > Analog IO is working, spdif not, midi not.
>
> I've got all of those working under Linux on my Audiophile 2496.  ;-)

Wow! Great.
See. Any docu I looked never really mentions, if it works or not, same with mailing lists, so this is good news to me.

Well, I'll try to figure out, whats the problem with my midi then (spdif, I cannot test anyway), and get back to you, if it won't work.

> My main problem is that I can't find a way to get Envy24Control to load my
> default settings each time, and alsactl doesn't seem to want to do it either,
that's true, I did not find anything either.

> Also, I'm still working on getting Audacity to record from the Audiophile, so
> at the moment I just use arecord from a shell, which works well enough for my
> purposes that I haven't really spent much time trying to fix Audacity.

I didn't try audacity, I used ardour right from the beginning with that card.
Isn't that a matter of .asoundrc ?

> Cheers,
>
> ~Dave

Thanks a lot!