[linux-audio-user] [ANN] Downloadable Linux Audio Live CD ISO

Christoph Eckert mchristoph.eckert at t-online.de
Sat Dec 18 13:41:46 EST 2004

> If I understand you correctly, then udev should be able to
> solve your problem.
>
> "udev allows Linux users to have a dynamic /dev directory
> and it provides the ability to have persistent device
> names."

Thanks for the hint. I'm on Gentoo here, and udev gets
discussed in the list from time to time.

On the other hand, I'm not a great linux guru; I'm proud to
have successfully configured and built my own kernel matching
my audio setup; but udev is more difficult because it will
cause problems, namely with the NVidia drivers I use (and I
shouldn't use because it's not free software, of course ;-).

Thanks for the hint anyway.

 Best regards

    ce