[linux-audio-user] usb midi interface: USB Midisport Uno

Dave Phillips dlphilp at bright.net
Mon Dec 27 07:25:11 EST 2004

Hi all:

  Just FYI, here's a little script I run to load that firmware on my
laptop. I put the device on the system black list so I can force the USB
MIDI device to be always the last in my list of cards (CS4232, virmidi,
and then my MIDIsport 2x2).

    echo "Loading MidiSport firmware..."
    modprobe snd-usb-audio
    fxload -I /usr/share/usb/ezusbmidi/ezusbmidi2x2.ihx -D
/proc/bus/usb/001/003
    echo "Done !"

I named the script usbmidiload.scr and gave it executable permissions
with 'chmod +x usbmidiload.scr'. Works like a charm, and I should add
that the 2x2 also works like a champ. Good stuff...

Btw, I'm sure there's a better way than my script, but it works well so
it's good enough for me.

Best,

dp