[linux-audio-user] usb midi interface: USB Midisport Uno

Pedro Lopez-Cabanillas plcl at telefonica.net
Mon Dec 27 06:57:20 EST 2004

On Monday 27 December 2004, Mark Knecht wrote:
> One reason some people do not like
> the MidiSport line, at least with the 2x2 and higher, is that it
> requires the use of non-opensource firmware.

I have seen several reports like this, claiming that there is not an usable
open source firmware for Midisport2x2 devices. That is not true.

Please check the repositories for your distro, and look for a package named
"ezusbmidi". It contains a GPL released firmware for Midisport- UNO, 1x1 and
2x2.

This software, written in C by Lars Doelle, can be compiled using the SDCC
compiler (http://sdcc.sourceforge.net/). You can get the sources here:
http://cvs.sourceforge.net/viewcvs.py/linux-hotplug/firmware/ezusb/midi/
http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/linux-hotplug/firmwarehotplug-0.1.tar.gz?download

There are several Linux vendors including it. For instance:
Debian/Agnula
	http://apt.agnula.org/pool/main/e/ezusbmidi/
RedHat/CCRMA
	http://ccrma.stanford.edu/planetccrma/software/usbmidi.html