[linux-audio-user] BruteFIR convolution help

derek holzer derek at x-i.net
Thu Dec 30 14:57:17 EST 2004

Hi gang,

I'm staggering my way through the BruteFIR documentation in hopes of
building a simple soundfile convolver. Not being a mathematician, I'm
not too good at writing FIR filter coefficients ;-) Besides that, using
coeficients is not what I am looking for. If anyone here is using
BruteFIR to convolve one sound file or sound stream with a soundfile
impulse, could you post an example config for that?

Otherwise, are there simpler ways of doing this? I've tried the impulse
convolution in Rezound, for example, and gotten almost nothing but pure
DC out of it. What I miss in Linux is a simple impulse convolver like
the one in SoundHack for Mac OS9, Sonic Mirror or [especially] HOG for
windoze [doesn't run under WINE, I tried!]:

http://music.calarts.edu/hog/

thanks much!
d.

--