[linux-audio-user] SB Live 24bit

tommy illth at gmx.de
Fri Dec 31 13:39:02 EST 2004

Nick Torenvliet schrieb:

>Any suggestions as to a cheap readily available card with emu10k1 that
>will let me mess around with linux audio?
>

>On Fri, 2004-12-31 at 13:01 -0500, Lee Revell wrote:
>

>>On Fri, 2004-12-31 at 12:50 -0500, Nick Torenvliet wrote:
>>

>>>I've got the SBLive as well, it's not optimal.
>>>

>>Yes, get a real emu10k1 based card, not this crap.

on The homepage of my local computer store
they have an Soundblaster Audigy 2 ZS bulk.
<http://www.litec-computer.de/shop/index.php?minsert=mcenter1,artinfo&mcenter1=artinfo,,id,6008>
is this a good card? on the soundcard matrix
on
http://www.alsa-project.org/alsa-doc/index.php?vendor=vendor-Creative_Labs#matrix
shows a Sound Blaster Audigy2 ZS Value
<http://www.soundblaster.com/products/Audigy2ZS_platinum_pro/> with P17
chip,
that is supported by the emu10k1 driver.

unfortunatly, this card costs more than twice the money of the live 24bit :(

-tommy