[linux-audio-user] SB Live 24bit

Lee Revell rlrevell at joe-job.com
Fri Dec 31 13:56:01 EST 2004

On Fri, 2004-12-31 at 19:39 +0100, tommy wrote:
> unfortunatly, this card costs more than twice the money of the live 24bit :(

Well, after all that is the whole motivation for putting everything in
software, less silicon = lower prices = more profit.  It kind of makes
sense, as the emu10k1 was originally designed to support HDRs and games
in the Pentium I + Windows 95 era, where computers just weren't fast
enough to do all that in software.  But Linux users know how we feel
about Winhardware.

Lee