[linux-audio-user] Re: [linux-audio-dev] Software with source code?

John Bleichert syborg at earthlink.net
Wed Feb 4 15:28:46 EST 2004

On Wed, 4 Feb 2004, Dave Griffiths wrote:
<major snip>
> > > I think for advocacy purposes and general coolness, it would be nice
> > > to have a
> > > site devoted to linux _musicians_ where we can upload and compare tracks and
> > > production methods. More of an extension of LAU...
> >
> > Sure, the more the merrier.
> > But I don't want to lose focus. You can build that site if you want
> > :-)
>
> In wiki form: www.pawfal.org ? :]

That's pretty cool, but the audio section doesn't look like anbody's been
there in quite a while?

> > There has been talk on the consortium_p list of having linuxaudio.org
> > be a sort of portal for various subdomains which can be maintained
> > independently. So my proposal could live at something like
> > apps.linuxaudio.org or similar. A musician portal could either be
> > based on linuxmusician.com (yes, it exists, check it out!)
>
> Oh, cool - has this been announced here? Perhaps I was asleep...

This would be nice - trying to learn how to master and record tracks with
*zero* training is difficult. Plus we could bounce tracks off each other.

Somebody post some drum and bass tracks I can play guitar to :)

 John Bleichert, syborg at earthlink.net
 Do not send M$ Office files to this address.