[linux-audio-user] Re: UPDATE insmod errors - rme hammerfall multiface UPDATE

Fernando Pablo Lopez-Lezcano nando at ccrma.Stanford.EDU
Fri Feb 6 14:02:40 EST 2004

> hdsploader cand find my card for some reason:
>
> hdsploader:
> [root at localhost robcanning]# hdsploader
> hdsploader - firmware loader for RME Hammerfall DSP cards
> Looking for HDSP + Multiface or Digiface cards :
> Card 0 : Intel ICH5 at 0xfebfb800, irq 5

What do you see if you do a "cat /proc/asound/cards"? Do you see both
cards or just your motherboard sound chip?

> yet lspci -vv reveals:
>
> 03:0c.0 Multimedia audio controller: Xilinx Corporation RME Hammerfall DSP (rev
> 32)
>         Control: I/O- Mem+ BusMaster+ SpecCycle- MemWINV- VGASnoop- ParErr- Stepping+ SERR+ FastB2B-
>         Latency: 64
>         Interrupt: pin A routed to IRQ 5
>         Region 0: Memory at feae0000 (32-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=64K]

That means the card is recognized by the pci subsystem, it does not tell
you anything about alsa (ie: the card could be there with no driver
loaded).

-- Fernando