[linux-audio-user] Re: Sticker/Logo "Made with Linux" ?

Joern Nettingsmeier nettings at folkwang-hochschule.de
Mon Feb 9 14:37:01 EST 2004

Michelle Konzack wrote:
> Am 2004-02-09 10:51:28, schrieb Joern Nettingsmeier:

>>are you coming to the linux audio developers' conference
>>(http://zkm.de/lad/)?
>

> Host not found...

hmm. the url is correct and works here. just try again...

> I am in Strasbourg an like to know, WHEN it is and WHERE ?

all details are given on the website. it's from april 29 iirc to may
2, but you'd better check...

hasn't this been announced here? in any case, even though it's
called "developers" conference, there will be many talks targeted at
users, and some interesting concerts in the evenings, plus a lot of
fellow audio geeks to chat and have a beer with.

>>if yes, you might want to bring a bunch of those, if they look good,
>>they'll sell like hotcakes :) i'd really like to have "linux audio"
>>lens-effect stickers on my machines!
>
> In general it is possibel, but cuently I have not so much money to
> make THE BIG TRAVEL. (Creation of my Enterprise eats much money...)

well, from strasbourg it's not too far.

>>and we might also use them as give-aways on linuxtag this year.
>>can you put some designs on the web if you get around to?
>>if i like it, i might buy a hundred or so...

otoh, if they are 1 EUR apiece, that's a little too expensive imho.
i'd be willing to pay that much for a few stickers for my private
amusement, though. do you think you could make bulk prices?

> Curently I have no Webpage, maybe next month...
> (I must register my Domain... 180 € but my Server is working already)
 >
> If You have som ideas of Logos and ... send it to me...
> I will Do what I can...

if you want, you can mail me some designs and i will put them on the
web at http://spunk.dnsalias.org/linux-audio-stickers/ until your
server is up.

if you can come up with a nice design that includes writing (i.e.
not the conspirative logo that frank prefers), preferably the url
http://linuxaudiodev.org, and you can get the price down a little,
we might try to get a sponsor, order a large quantity and hand them
out to people on linuxtag or sell them for a few cents.
2 years ago, patrick shirkey donated stickers for linuxtag, and we
quickly ran out of them...

"I never use EQ, never, never, never. I previously used to use mic
positioning but I've even given up on that too."
	- Jezar on http://www.audiomelody.com

Jörn Nettingsmeier
Kurfürstenstr 49, 45138 Essen, Germany
http://spunk.dnsalias.org (my server)