[linux-audio-user] Kernel 2.4 low-latency patches -- combining?

Eric Dantan Rzewnicki eric at zhevny.com
Fri Feb 13 23:18:09 EST 2004

My understanding is that it is best to apply both. I have run both the
preempt and lowlatency patches on kernels ranging from 2.4.16 ( at least
, probably earlier) through 2.4.22 with very good results.

In the 2.6.x kernel series both sets of patches are included as
standard. Most of the lowlatency patches (if i understand correctly)
were merged into the 2.6.1 code base. The preempt patch has been in the
kernel as a configuration option since sometime in the 2.5.x development
series.

-Eric Rz