[linux-audio-user] What is status vxpocket + alsa + jack

Joern Nettingsmeier nettings at folkwang-hochschule.de
Tue Feb 17 07:05:58 EST 2004

Chris Pickett wrote:
> digger vermont wrote:
>
>> Hello All,
>>     Is vxpocket now fully working with alsa and jack?  Are there any
>> issues
>> with using it on a powerbook?
>>
>> After buying (about a year ago) a Edirol UA-20 and finding it now not
>> supported by jack, I'm concerned about ending up with the same situation
>> with a vxpocket.
>

> Digigram released some open source drivers, and their cards are
> supposedly well-supported (check the ALSA driver compatability matrix)
>
> http://www.alsa-project.org/alsa-doc/index.php3?vendor=vendor-Digigram#matrix
>

> I googled for "digigram vxpocket linux powerbook" and also found:
>
> http://www.mail-archive.com/linux-audio-dev@music.columbia.edu/msg10961.html
>

> (which I thought was a little amusing because Joern is a (the?) list admin)
>
> Anyway, I have the same card, but not a powerbook, so I felt like
> answering.  It's a great card, and I was lucky to get one when
> audioMIDI.com was blowing them out last year for under $200.  AFAIK,
> JACK doesn't interact directly with your soundcard, but rather with ALSA
> which in turn talks to your soundcard.

the line sound quality is excellent here (on said g3 @ 400 mhz
pismo), but isn't the card supposed to support mic level inputs as
well? last time i tried, this did not work properly (lots of noise
and too little gain). can somebody confirm the card supports two mic
level ins and briefly describe the alsamixer setting to use it?

yours,

jörn

--
The handles of a craftsman's tools bespeak an absolute simplicity,
the plainest forms affording the greatest range of possibilities for

Jörn Nettingsmeier
Kurfürstenstr 49, 45138 Essen, Germany
http://spunk.dnsalias.org (my server)
http://www.linuxaudiodev.org (Linux Audio Developers)