[linux-audio-user] offline processing

Joe Hartley jh at brainiac.com
Tue Feb 17 11:31:51 EST 2004

On Tue, 17 Feb 2004 15:55:57 +0000
Steve Harris <S.W.Harris at ecs.soton.ac.uk> wrote:
> Hmm... I've no idea what that would do - youd have to ask whover
> implemented freewheel. I think you have to feed the output of JAMin back
> into ardour (or some other non-RT capable recorder) for it to work.

I'd be interested in hearing how this would work.  I happened to be
doing some work with JAMin last week, mastering some of my older
recordings to smooth them out before cutting a CD of my playing for
a friend.  I kept tweaking this and that in the playback, and when I
finally got the sound I liked, I was hoping I could export the track
to a WAV in freewheel mode, but having JAMin in the processing chain
forced me into realtime mode.  I ended up recording the JAMin output
to a track in realtime, because it was the only way I could get JAMin
to do its thing.  A primer on freewheel mode using JAMin would save
me a fair amount of time in the long run.

       Joe Hartley - UNIX/network Consultant - jh at brainiac.com