[linux-audio-user] Laptop tuning

Arnold Krille arnold at arnoldarts.de
Wed Feb 25 13:41:23 EST 2004

On Wednesday 25 February 2004 19:24, Steve Harris wrote:
> On Wed, Feb 25, 2004 at 07:19:59PM +0100, Arnold Krille wrote:
> > When I try to run jackd with less than 50ms latency sound is garbled and
> > broken...
> > I am using the builtin maestro3 for audio and an Edirol UM-2 for MIDI.
>
>                          ^^^^^^^^
> I think thats your problem. I cant get the maestro3 in my dell i8100 to go
> faster than 2x2048 without xruns. Funnily enough I also use a UM2, but
> that doesnt cause me any pain :)

So I need another soundoutput for doing domething real? Sh'***

Whats the cheapest sound for laptops with a reasonable good sound? Is some
kind of simple usb2sound kit enough? Which could you recommend?

Arnold

BTW: I get my maestro3 to 2*1024 steadily...
--
Get my public-key from pgp.mit.edu or pgp.uni-mainz.de
---