[linux-audio-user] hardware MIDI support

Julien Pierre madbrain at rawbw.com
Thu Feb 26 00:49:46 EST 2004

Hi,

I have a Roland UM-4 (Super MPU64) 4-port USB MIDI interface.
I would like to get it to work under Mandrake (10.0 rc1).

Currently, it doesn't seem that the ALSA build that comes with it has
any drivers for USB MIDI. scandrake actually thinks the MPU64 is a
scanner ...

Is there any hope of getting this interface to work ?
If so, how ?

And what sequencer program should I use to record MIDI from a MIDI
keyboard, and playback to MIDI external sound modules ?

Thanks.