[linux-audio-user] hardware MIDI support

Russell Hanaghan hanaghan at starband.net
Thu Feb 26 01:56:25 EST 2004

On Wed, 2004-02-25 at 21:49, Julien Pierre wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have a Roland UM-4 (Super MPU64) 4-port USB MIDI interface.
> I would like to get it to work under Mandrake (10.0 rc1).

Not sure about the latest MDK 10.0 rc1. I have the isos but have not had
time to install and mess with. Seems lots are having issues with Alsa on
2.6.x? kernel?

Anyway, try here: http://rpm.nyvalls.se/sound9.2.html
Yes, it's 9.2 but you might get lucky...I'm NO expert! (Clearly)

Scroll down and look under the "Usb MIDI interfaces"

If your not familiar with Thacs RPMS then this is an awesome site to
know for MDK audio users. URPMI instructions on top of the page too.
I have a Midisport 2x2. It lit right up first plug.