[linux-audio-user] Module options for usb-audio

David Baron d_baron at 012.net.il
Thu Jan 1 13:26:02 EST 2004

So far, I have gotten to install on my Debian system, the MPU401 and USB-Audio
drivers. Here is my cat /proc/asound/cards:
1 [UM1            ]: USB-Audio - UM-1
                     EDIROL UM-1 at usb-00:07.2-2
2 [UART           ]: MPU-401 UART - MPU-401 UART
                     MPU-401 UART at 0x300, polled
Both are listed as RWxE (or similar) but I cannot remember how to get that at
present.
amidi -l cannot read the cards.

(I still cannot get snd-cs46xx to install for my Dman2044 because the pci
auto-config system thinks it has a Maestro AGOPO ESS chip. About to give up
on this and install my old MediaVision just to have something on which to
listen.)

The MPU-401 is feeding a Yamaha sw60xg card. Yamaha did it this way for
windows2000 so I tried it here.

Windows programs running under WINE can play to the MPU401 beautifully. Trying
to get MIDI in from the UM1 will hang the polling program. Nothing native to
the Linux can record or play from either one of them.

Are there any options that I need to feed the usb-audio to get that working?
How do I use these devices with the Linux?