[admin] Re: [linux-audio-user] Live music with Linux.

Joern Nettingsmeier nettings at folkwang-hochschule.de
Fri Jan 2 11:33:44 EST 2004

Steve Harris wrote:
> On Sun, Dec 21, 2003 at 05:28:26 +1000, Mark Constable wrote:
>
>>On Sun, 21 Dec 2003 04:16 am, Michal Seta wrote:

>>>I wonder if there is enough being done (live) with linux to actually set
>>>up a whole new site.  And how many people are actually willing/able to
>>>put stuff up for public consumption.
>>>
>>>I'd be interested, though...  And then, another mailing list for
>>>live-audio-linux-users :)
>>
>> linux-audio-performance (performers) ?

> - Steve

chiming in a little late...

announcements for concerts involving linux audio are perfectly on-topic
on linux-audio-announce, although i'm asking people to put a [LOCAL:
<area>] tag in the header. however, the announce list is no place for
discussions.

the user list has become rather active lately, and if people wish to
divert some of the traffic to a new linux-audio-performers list, that's
ok with me. i'll have to ask douglas repetto first, but i think he'll do it.
otoh, we should try not to fragment the community too much, so those of
you who would like to see such a list, please check out the already
existing linart list and see whether it meets your expectations.
if then you still see the need for a new list, let's discuss it some
more here.

a happy new year to everyone!

jörn

--
In this house, we obey the laws of thermodynamics!
	- Homer Simpson

Jörn Nettingsmeier
Kurfürstenstr 49, 45138 Essen, Germany
http://spunk.dnsalias.org (my server)