[linux-audio-user] no sound in zynaddsubfx with jackd

Olivier omagere at club.lemonde.fr
Sat Jan 3 20:54:11 EST 2004

Sorry for a problem that is probably just down to my ignorance.

I am running mdk 9.2 with an audigy sound card using the alsa driver emu10k1.

jackd -d alsa -d hw starts without error message. it says :

jackd 0.93.6
Copyright 2001-2003 Paul Davis and others.
jackd comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY

apparent rate = 44100
creating alsa driver ... hw|hw|1024|2|44100|0|0|nomon|swmeter|rt|32bit
configuring for 44100Hz, period = 1024 frames, buffer = 2 periods
Couldn't open hw for 32bit samples trying 24bit instead
Couldn't open hw for 24bit samples trying 16bit instead
Couldn't open hw for 32bit samples trying 24bit instead
Couldn't open hw for 24bit samples trying 16bit instead

starting zyn doesn't yield any error message.

When using the virtual keyboard, the meters at the bottom suggest some sound
is being generated but I can't hear it. I've seen references to jack-connect
but I don't know what it is.

My sound set-up works fine otherwise (xmms artsd (disabled for the moment) all
use alsa output device)

A rtfm pointer would be just fine.

Olivier