[linux-audio-user] percussions/rhythms? gmorgan hydrogen

Juhana Sadeharju kouhia at nic.funet.fi
Mon Jan 5 10:32:00 EST 2004

Hello.

What kind of software gmorgan and hydrogen are with respect to
storing rhythms? I would like to build up a rhythm library only.
The samples used in the rhythms are placed later by the musician,
hinted by terms, e.g., "dum", "tak", "accented", "legato"
(whatever they mean). Any suggestions for terms?

Should I build the library, e.g., with Rosegarden instead?
Any other strategy? More general strategy?

I downloaded Yamaha RX11/15 Pattern Book and would like to get
those rhythms easily to use whenever I need them. I have also
a plenty of other rhythms.
  (http://www2.yamaha.co.jp/manual/english/index.html)

Regards,
Juhana