[linux-audio-user] [ANN] MusE version 0.6.3
robert.jonsson at dataductus.se
Mon Jan 5 17:41:57 EST 2004
It's time for a release again, MusE 0.6.3 should be available for download in
source form when you read this.
MusE is a multitrack virtual studio for Linux based on audio and midi
Brief list of features:
- MIDI sequencer with:
- drum editor
- score editor
- Integrated softsynths
- Support for external MIDI equipment
- Audio sequencing with:
- LADSPA plugins
- Alsa & Jack output/input
- LADCCA support
- MusE is translated to Russian, Spanish, French and Swedish.
* For screenshots and more information, check the homepage.
- Which by the way got a very nice facelift thanks to Emiliano Grilli!
Release 0.6.3 is mainly a bugfix release, some bugs more serious than others
have been fixed, all users are encouraged to upgrade, especially if you had
problems with the prior release.
Changes since 0.6.2 (from the ChangeLog):
- trackInfo expanded by default (rj)
- changed background color of canvas B-] (rj)
- reverted audio change that caused jack-audio to fail (rj)
- reverted parts of RT improvements in midithread.cpp (John Check)
- copied givertcaps.c from muse (rj)
- fixed bug 838161 (freeze while looping and using mixer) (ws)
- alsa driver updates (ws)
- dragging a part below tracklist creates a new track (ws)
- Fixed bug in drum keyfilter to work with new handling of
drummaps + misc other drumeditor related (Mathias Lundgren)
- updated muse_ru.ts from Alexandre Prokoudine (ws)
- fixed midi file import: map drum events with drumInmap (ws)
- added missing initialisation of _rwFlags in MidiPort. Sometimes
MidiDevice->open() was called on startup with rwFlags=0
(no read/no write) which resulted in midi write errors (ws)
- Drummap fixed to work w respect to index in dlist. Mapping of in-notes
now works. (Mathias Lundgren)
- Undo-bugfix (Mathias Lundgren)
- Changing the out-key in the drummap plays the actual key changed
to. (Mathias Lundgren)
- integrated "atomic" patches from Daniel Kobras (ws)
- Fluidsynth bugfix (Mathias Lundgren)
- Arrowing up and down now works over the whole song and all tracks
- "Double undo"-bug fixed in pianoroll (Mathias Lundgren)
- Debian/qt/stl/gcc-bug fixed. Fluidsynth should now compile on Debian
There are also a bunch of known issues with this (and presumably earlier
- Does not yet support LADCCA 0.4
- Does not build with libtools 1.5.x, use libtools 1.4.x
- Givertcaps support is broken, use setuid method or run as root
- probably others I forgot...oh time will tell...
And finally, do stay tuned for muse 0.7 which judgeing by the massive
changelog will rock! :-)
It will be arriving... when it's ready...
/The MusE development team
More information about the Linux-audio-user