[linux-audio-user] RME Cardbus + multiface

Vincent Touquet vincent.touquet at pandora.be
Fri Jan 9 13:36:58 EST 2004

On Fri, Jan 09, 2004 at 01:37:28PM -0500, Jesse Chappell wrote:
>The two slots are independent, and the IRQs are different...
>so it shouldn't be any different than the same scenario with two
>different PCI cards in a desktop.  I haven't stress-tested it
>completely yet (i don't know why i haven't yet...) but I haven't had
>any troubles using the FW drive as my audio drive with ardour, etc.

I see. Being on different irqs is good.
The Dell Inspiron 8600 puts nearly everything on irq 11 (*shudder*).

>Yes, IBM is a bit strange with their (lack of) inclusion of FW
>on most machines.

They have it on their r-series.
But if they have two cardbus slots, you can as well put a cardbus
fw interface as you do. What kind of cardbus firewire interface
do you use by the way ? Easy to setup in Linux :) ?

regards,