[linux-audio-user] alsa rtc patch in 2.4.23?

Paul Brossier piem-lists at altern.org
Sun Jan 11 13:36:12 EST 2004

On Thu, 2004-01-08 at 18:38, Jack O'Quin wrote:
> Agreed.  I just built a vanilla 2.6.0 last night.  To my surprise, its
> realtime performance seems much better than 2.6.0-test11 on my system.
> No hard numbers, just a seat of the pants impression, but noticable.

I got a strange problem with 2.6.1 :
- i first forgot to apply the capability.h patch before compiling. the
kernel was booting fine, but i could not run jack.

- after recompiling with the patch applied, i get a kernel panic which
looks approximately like this :
[...]
NET: Registeref protocol family 2
IP: routing cache hash table of 4096 buckets, 32Kbytes
Kernel panic: failed to create the TCP control socket
[...]
which comes from  /usr/src/linux/net/ipv4/tcp_ipv4.c (line 2645).

Any idea how to avoid this ?

Many thanks,
piem