[linux-audio-user] RME Cardbus + multiface

derek holzer derek at x-i.net
Sun Jan 11 17:25:04 EST 2004

Hi all,

On Sun, 2004-01-11 at 12:19, Miha Tomsic wrote:

>>It looks that O2 Micro controllers in general add quite some latency and
>>should be avoided for professional audio as RME and Derek have pointed
>>out.

Actually, it is the Ricoh cardbus controllers which both RME and myself
would warn against. [But maybe you meant another Derek?] That said, I
*do* have a cardbus HDSP running on a laptop with this controller, but
let's just say it wasn't a picnic getting it this far. I also wonder
what effect this has on my latency, but haven't tried any benchmarks
against the same card with a PCI interface yet. Maybe some weekend when
I have lots of "free time". :-)

best,
D.

--