screenshot of sample Re: [linux-audio-user] RME Cardbus + multiface

Tim Blechmann TimBlechmann at gmx.net
Wed Jan 14 18:15:06 EST 2004

> Tim, very interesting!
> i put a screenshot, amplified & zoomed-in with Audacity, here:
>
> http://www.volny.cz/guitar_billy/hdsp.screenshot.png
>
> i hope that others can say something useful by looking at the
> screenshot. i'm sure what to conclude as for cause of this behaviour.
> (by the way, is this a sample of "silence" recorded into your RME
> card???)
i got the response from rme's support that there is something wrong with
the sample frequency ... but they doubt that it's a problem of the card
itself ...
there are two possibilities then ... it's either a problem on the alsa
side or on the cardbus/pci side ...

btw, playing with the settings of hdspconf the distortion seems to be
related to the spdif out _emphasis_ option ... it seems to sound softer
... i'll try to create a sample/screen shot of it tomorrow... is this
option somehow related to the sample clock?

take care...

 Tim                          mailto:TimBlechmann at gmx.de
                              ICQ: 96771783
--
The only people for me are the mad ones, the ones who are mad to live,
the ones who never yawn or say a commonplace thing, but burn, burn,