[linux-audio-user] Re:M-audio products

nick nixx at nixx.org.uk
Wed Jan 14 18:10:39 EST 2004

This card has an ESS Maestro-1 (a.k.a AGOGO / es1948) APU.

But unlike the consumer cards (which use a low quality ac'97 codec) this
card uses nicer CS4222 codecs for better sound. The current drivers only
work in conjunction with an ac'97 codec.

There is no driver for this currently, but I am working on one, although
it will be my first soundcard driver :)

http://dman2044.sourceforge.net/

If anyone has any info that could help me out, I'd be grateful.

Does anyone have data sheets for the es1948?

-Nick

--
nixx at nixx.org.uk          |     amSynth lead developer
JabberID: nixx at jabber.org |     http://amsynthe.sf.net