[linux-audio-user] Thank you and G-dspeed! RE:DMan2044

David Baron d_baron at 012.net.il
Thu Jan 15 05:54:32 EST 2004

I also have this card. Perfectly good, if old and no longer supported, and I
demand the chunky breakout box!

Yes, that OSS AGOPO/Maestro driver will modprobe, but is uncomplainingly
silent.
No, the ess1948 and others will not install correctly.

Alsa recommends the cs46xx driver for this card.
No, this will not install because the AGOPO/Maestro identification will block
it!!

I will gladly test or help however I can.

I am running Debian 2.4.22 from a Knoppix 3.3 installation  on a PIII system.