[linux-audio-user] Rosegarden-4 or Muse or...

Rocco linuxmedia4 at netscape.net
Thu Jan 15 15:36:48 EST 2004

>>The only version of Hydrogen that I've used is 0.8.0. It didn't have any
>>"real-time" recording capabilities (press record, play your midi
>>keyboard and it records in real time). I had to go to a window and use
>>mouse clicks to input notes. Is there a version out there that allows
>>for "real-time" recording?

> I haven't tried that yet. But in general, 0.8.1 has fixed some bugs from
> 0.8.0 and is worth an upgrade.

0.8.1 compiled OK on my computer but when I would launch it, the splash
screen (Penguin and Drum) would come up. Then the program would come up
just long enough for my mouth to water, then it would die. I posted an
email on the hydrogen mailing list, but got no reply.

Does anyone know if 0.8.1 allows for real time recording (as opposed to
0.8.0 which only let you record notes by mouse clicks).

Thanks
Rocco