[linux-audio-user] RME Cardbus + multiface

Jesse Chappell jesse at essej.net
Sat Jan 17 13:01:21 EST 2004

Vincent Touquet wrote on Mon, 12-Jan-2004:

 > On Fri, Jan 09, 2004 at 05:58:30PM -0500, Jesse Chappell wrote:
 > >I was able to get the slot with the HDSP on IRQ9 using the BIOS
 > >settings.....  i'd have to check it to tell you exactly what i
 > >did....
 >
 > Cool, let us know how you managed that :)

This is on an IBM ThinkPad A31 (1.8G P4-M).  To get the hdsp cardbus
alone on IRQ9, I set the following in the bios:
  Config->PCI->INTB  == 9
and left all the others on auto.  Then the cardbus hdsp goes into
the bottom slot.  The kernel is not compiled with ACPI, or APIC.

The relevant interrupts (from /proc/interrupts) looks like this:
  9:   XT-PIC  Ricoh Co Ltd RL5c476 II (#2), Intel 82801CA-ICH3, hdsp
 11:   XT-PIC  Ricoh Co Ltd RL5c476 II, wlan0, usb-uhci, usb-uhci, usb-uhci, ohci1394, radeon at PCI:1:0:0

This leaves the hdsp and onboard sound on 9 with pretty much everything else
on 11 (including firewire cardbus card).  I wonder if I can do
some more tweaking to get a few more things off of 11, espec the
video.

jlc