[linux-audio-user] Which kernel for low latency?

martijn martijn at pacno.net
Mon Jan 19 04:50:42 EST 2004

Once upon a Mon, Jan 19 2004, James Stone hit keys in the following order:
> Just had a few more thoughts...
>
> On Mon, Jan 19, 2004 at 02:51:13PM +1300, Glenn McCord wrote:
> > I'm having no luck getting low latency with a 2.6 kernel.
> > I'm using the mm4 patches and have modified the capabilities.h file.

You don't need to modify the capabilities header any more. Try using
http://www.joq.us/realtime/ for realtime capabilities, it works great.

> > ./configure --with-default-tmpdir=/mnt/ramfs --enable-capabilities
> > --enable-realtime
> >
> Not sure but don't think you need --enable-realtime.

I am, you need it.

> Also, You have installed the new modutils? You have compiled preemptive
> kernel and rtc support into the kernel? You have compiled support for
> your motherboard's chipset into the kernel?

and be sure that you didn't include those as modules. i did and my udma wasn't
activated because of that (and couldn't, until i loaded the module manually of
course).

success.
martijn.