[linux-audio-user] Which kernel for low latency?

James Stone stone1 at btinternet.com
Mon Jan 19 13:24:34 EST 2004

> > > ./configure --with-default-tmpdir=/mnt/ramfs --enable-capabilities
> > > --enable-realtime
> > >
> > Not sure but don't think you need --enable-realtime.
>
> I am, you need it.

I had never heard of that option until this email: if you do a
./configure --help in the jack source directory it isn't mentioned, also
it is not mentioned on the jack site. I have tried to compile with this
option and it doesn't seem to make any difference.. I can run jack with
the -R option either way. What effect is it supposed to have? Or is it
enabled by default?

James