[linux-audio-user] 2nd LAD conference

Mark Constable markc at renta.net
Thu Jan 22 20:23:21 EST 2004

On Fri, 23 Jan 2004 04:47 am, Andreas Kuckartz wrote:
> IRCAM even used a webcam to transmit live-concerts and other parts of a
> conference to a world-wide audience!

Is any of this material still around (URL) ?

> From: "Matthias Nagorni" <mana at suse.de>
> > Yes, we plan to record the lectures and put also the presentation
> > material on the web.

Excellent :)

> > Moreover we plan to establish a live audio streaming
> > of the talks and concerts. If we get the presentation material in time,
> > we might even put that on the web in a way that "remote" listeners can
> > follow the talks watching the same slides as the audience.
> > Last time, Steve and Jörn took care of the internet "broadcasting" of the
> > event. IIRC they also established an IRC channel for "remote" discussion.
> > The audio quality of the streaming is not a matter of the microphone
> > alone but more of the available bandwidth.

Avoiding bumps, audience noise and breathe pops is why I
specifically mentioned a lapel mic. Personally speaking, I'd
rather download a tweaked and mastered ogg a few days later
if it meant the quality was maximised.

Looking forward to "being there", without the plane flight.

--markc