[linux-audio-user] Re: Recording Internet Stream, Duplex, Help!?

Paul set at pobox.com
Sat Jan 24 18:44:46 EST 2004

Ed <lau at frosch.org>, on Sat Jan 24, 2004 [06:07:08 PM] said:
> Hi LAU,
>
> OK, after 4 hours on this and enough Googling to break my keyboard, I
> have to admit defeat.
>
> What I Want To Do:
>
>   1. Load a web page containing a Flash Film
>   2. Play the Flash Film
>   3. Record any sound the Flash Film delivers to a WAV file.
>   4. Maybe post-process the WAV into Ogg, MP3, etc.
>
> What I Have (Hardware + Software):
>
>   1. SB Audigy
>   2. Alsa kernel drivers, 1.0.0 RC2
>   3. Alsa libs, 1.0.0 RC2
>   4. Jack, compiled with the above Alsa libs
>   5. Ecasound, compiled with the Alsa libs and Jack
>
> What works:
>
>   1. Sound from CD, System beeps, etc. works
>
> What doesn't work:
>
>   1. Alsa: arecord -f cd -o test.wav, when playing an Ogg file, e.g.
>   2. Ecasound: ecasound -i:alsahw,0 -o test.wav, when playing an Ogg
>      file, e.g.

	Hi;

	This worked for me:

#> arecord -f cd -t wav -D hw:0 out.wav

	I was able to record a song played with mplayer, and
also the sound from this amusing flash thing:

(perhaps smacking the 'pinguin' will relieve some frustration;)
http://www.meph.eu.org/

	I believe mozilla was using esd.
	I had to toggle capture in alsamixer on both something
labled 'Capture' and 'Mix'.
	Using a SB audioPCI 128.

Paul
set at pobox.com