[linux-audio-user] Re: Recording Internet Stream, Duplex, Help!?

Florian Schmidt mista.tapas at gmx.net
Sat Jan 24 19:09:51 EST 2004

On Sat, 24 Jan 2004 18:44:46 -0500
Paul <set at pobox.com> wrote:

> 	Hi;
>
> 	This worked for me:
>
> #> arecord -f cd -t wav -D hw:0 out.wav
>
> 	I was able to record a song played with mplayer, and
> also the sound from this amusing flash thing:

Hi, it usually depends on your mixer settings which stream you capture.
With my soundcard (cs46xx) i can select either Mic, Line-in, Aux, Mix
Mono, or Mix for capturing. Selecting Mix captures everything that's
played out of the soundcard. So this way i can easily record anything
that's played back by any app..

Flo