[linux-audio-user] How to set up my linux box to record an album

Christophe Vescovi vescovi at lpsc.in2p3.fr
Mon Jan 26 07:29:22 EST 2004

Livio a écrit :

> Ok here are my more questions! :D
> I've tried to recompile a kernel in my mdk 9.1 with low latency support
> but, as i expected, all went wrong. this was my first kernel
> compilation. Than i've seen that with fedora core 1 the setup of my
> linux box to record audio could be more easy. It's right?!

Well with FC1 you have access to Planet CCRMA so maybe it will be more
easy. But you can also find most of the Planet Audio package for MDK
(Thac's RPMS, Mandrake Contrib servers, etc ....).
Why do you what to built a low latency kernel for mdk 9.1. the kernel-mm
package already exist !!
If you want to keep the Mandrake distro I suggest you upgrade to 9.2 (or
you wait a few month until the MDK 10 release !!) since most of the
audio package are update for this version and 9.1 packages are a little
old now (and things change quickly in Linux Audio world !!!).

Christophe