[linux-audio-user] Multiple Simultaneous Inputs

Ross Vandegrift ross at willow.seitz.com
Tue Jan 27 13:51:55 EST 2004

On Tue, Jan 27, 2004 at 04:48:28PM +0000, Simon White wrote:
> I was wondering if it's possible to get a sound card(s) to work with
> linux to record multiple audio inputs at the same time and track them.

Oh, absolutely!  The M-Audio cards are a good choice for this.  I've got
a Delta44 and the drivers and performance are both great.  I can do all
four channels in and out, with effects, tracking, and monitoring with no
problem.

> was looking at the Midiman 1010LT as I would want to process more than
> four inputs at once, but I can't find out if you can use all of it's
> inputs at the same time, or if there's any software that would even
> allow such mad creations to be born. Any suggestions as to where to go
> or what to use would be very helpful indeed.

Check out http://ardour.sf.net to start.  There's tons of cool software
out there that will help you do this.

--
Ross Vandegrift
ross at willow.seitz.com

A Pope has a Water Cannon.                               It is a Water Cannon.
He fires Holy-Water from it.                        It is a Holy-Water Cannon.
He Blesses it.                                 It is a Holy Holy-Water Cannon.
He Blesses the Hell out of it.          It is a Wholly Holy Holy-Water Cannon.
He has it pierced.                It is a Holey Wholly Holy Holy-Water Cannon.
He makes it official.       It is a Canon Holey Wholly Holy Holy-Water Cannon.
Batman and Robin arrive.                                       He shoots them.