[linux-audio-user] Multiple Simultaneous Inputs

Paul Winkler pw_lists at slinkp.com
Tue Jan 27 13:46:20 EST 2004

On Tue, Jan 27, 2004 at 04:48:28PM +0000, Simon White wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I was wondering if it's possible to get a sound card(s) to work with
> linux to record multiple audio inputs at the same time and track them. I
> was looking at the Midiman 1010LT as I would want to process more than
> four inputs at once, but I can't find out if you can use all of it's
> inputs at the same time,

I don't have a 1010LT, but my 66 works perfectly with
all inputs and outputs simultaneously.
A bit of googling and the alsa project page suggest that recent versions of
alsa support the 1010LT.

http://www.alsa-project.org/alsa-doc/index.php3?vendor=vendor-MAudio#matrix

>  or if there's any software that would even
> allow such mad creations to be born.

ardour, ecasound.

--

Paul Winkler