[linux-audio-user] Re: Get a load of this!!!

Benno Senoner sbenno at gardena.net
Thu Jan 29 08:03:21 EST 2004

Michelle Konzack wrote:

>Am 2004-01-28 16:27:41, schrieb David Baron:
>

>>http://www.lionstracs.com/index.php?module=Static_Docs&func=view
>>

>Nice,
>
>I am Electronic Engineer and for some times I liked to make a
>Keyboard like this one... But the Prices for, e.g. LCD-Displays
>are to high (8"4 for 700 US$)

Not as high as that but quite high compared to desktop LCDs.

>Keyboards for around 300 US$...
>
>I think, if I calculate my prices, it will exceed the price of
>the Mediastation.

to the cost of the hardware parts, add the cost of development, hw/sw
engineers, marketing, overhead
by distributors/shops and it's easy to get to high prices while the
original manufacturer earns only a
fraction of the price paid by the user.

Anyway it could be that Lionstracs will sell parts too, eg the keyboard
case, various boards etc,
that way you could do a do-it-yourself keyboard much more cheaper.
(eg you put in your own mainboard and stuff, no internal analog mixer
you could use an external desktop LCD instead of the expensive internal
one etc).
Perhaps if the parts are sold in bigger numbers the price will come down.

We will see, ill keep you posted what these crazy italians cook in their
kitchen :-)

cheers,
Benno
http://www.linuxsampler.org