[linux-audio-user] OT: need a video card

Mark Knecht mknecht at controlnet.com
Thu Jan 29 14:14:10 EST 2004

> I'm using a low end Radeon board which I paid about $60 for at
> http://www.newegg.com . It's worked very well for me. xine runs nicely
> with this card when I play DVDs. Watched the Bourne Identity last night
> while I tried to set up my new 002 Rack. (See, back onto music.) ;-) So
> do the RME tools. I don't need much more in terms of graphics under
> Linux.

I think I paid a bit less, maybe $69, when I bought it on sale, but this
looks like the one I got. I picked it basically for price and no fan. (Less
noise.)

http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=14-102-311&catalog
=48&manufactory=BROWSE&depa=1

It's definitely not fancy but it works.